Over the last few weeks,
2) How have our leaders reacted to crisis?
3) What is the way forward?
1) Participation in the competition is open to all professional and amateur cartoonists.
2) All entries must include the artist’s address and daytime telephone number.
3) Submitted cartoons are to be either A4-Size (210X297mm) or A3-Size (420X297).
4) Digital copies submitted via email should be 300 dpi resolution and in JPEG format.
5) Cartoons may be either black-and-white or colored.
6) Cartoons advocating ethnic hatred, containing obscene language or scenes of gratuitous violence will not be accepted.
7) The deadline for receiving artworks is Monday 25th February 2008.
8) A jury of experts will select the 3 best cartoons for prize awards. The jury’s decision will be final.
9) The award of the prizes will take place during the opening of the exhibition on 7 March, 2008 at the Goethe Institut on
10) All entries will be © FES and KATUNI and will not be returned.
- First Prize: Art equipment worth Kshs. 30,000.00
- Second Prize: Art equipment worth Kshs. 20,000.00
- Third Prize: Art equipment worth Kshs. 10,000.00
Cartoons may be sent via email to
and should be in JPEG format with a resolution of 300dpi.
Original artworks should be marked “Picking up the Pieces Cartoon Competition” may be sent via post to:
Patrick Gathara, P.O
or dropped off at Communicating Artists Limited, 3rd floor,